Environmental Policy Statement
ChemiConstruction Company Limited recognizes that the construction industry can have a significant impact on the environment. ChemiConstruction is committed to conducting its activities in an environmentally responsible manner. ChemiConstruction’s goal is to meet environmental protection standards expected by the community at large and by government, and to strive to exceed those standards.
To accomplish this, ChemiConstruction will:
- Develop and maintain a corporate culture of environmental stewardship
- Develop and maintain an Environmental Management program
- Conduct Environmental Risk Assessments and prepare project-specific environmental control plans as required
- Commit to training and educating our staff and promote a culture of minimizing our environmental impact
- Meet environmental requirements defined by legislation, regulation, government directives, standards, Best Practices and other applicable environmental standards
- Ensure that planning and operational decision making at ChemiConstruction gives great consideration to how our actions impact the environment and how we can manage and actively mitigate environmental impacts
- Integrate environmental protection into our business by planning activities to avoid or mitigate adverse environmental impacts
- Ensure that subcontractors and their employees understand and adhere to ChemiConstruction’s environmental policy and procedures
- Conserve resource use by efficient use of energy, by reduction of emissions and discharges, by eliminating unnecessary waste and by recycling where practical
- Ensure that response to any environmental incidents associated with ChemiConstruction operations is swift and effective
- Work towards continual improvement of our environmental performance and environmental management systems
This policy applies to all ChemiConstruction operations and on all ChemiConstruction worksites.